Equipping the saints
Starting Point is an opportunity to discuss with Afshin the core theological values of Providence and what we believe to be the essence of Christianity. As its name suggests, it is the Starting Point for discipleship and membership at Providence Church. If you are new to Providence, Starting Point is for you. Our first Starting Point will be Wednesday, January 24 from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Childcare will be provided.
Register for Starting Point here.
Foundations is a 12-week intensive discipleship seminar designed to equip the believer with the foundational doctrines and ethics of the Christian faith. To receive credit for completing Foundations, all 12 seminars must be attended and all assigned work must be completed. There is a reading requirement and a short writing assignment in addition to weekly attendance that must be completed.
Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis and spots are limited, so register for Foundations here.
- Why is Providence starting Foundations? It is imperative that disciples be taught all that Christ commanded (Matthew 28:19-20). The mandate of Christian discipleship demands that we teach believers the essential doctrines and ethics that Christ and His apostles taught.
- What material will Foundations cover? Foundations will use The New City Catechism as a starting point to teach the foundational doctrines and ethics of the Christian faith.
- Who should sign-up for Foundations? All believers are encouraged to sign-up for Foundations. Foundations is the next step in Providence’s discipleship pipeline after Starting Point and Membership.
- What if I have to miss a seminar session for travel or an unforeseen circumstance? Seminar sessions may be made-up. Inform the instructors of your absence and they will work with you in making up the missed seminar.
- Who will be the instructors for this spring’s Foundations seminar? Grant Castleberry and Scott Dickson will be the instructors this spring.
- When will Foundations seminars meet? Foundations will begin on Wednesday evenings beginning on January 31 and run for twelve weeks (not meeting on Valentine’s Day). Foundations will meet from 6:30 to 8:00 P.M.
- Is there an additional cost for childcare? There is no cost for our children’s program, Building Blocks. In Building Blocks, children will be learning from the New City Catechism for Kids.